CMSD82 2021-2022 New Student Registration & Cross-Boundary Application Notice
(click on link to open)
School District 82 Policy 1030 outlines student attendance/catchment area procedures in accordance with Ministry of Education policies on Schools of Choice. It is important that parents/guardians take note of specific deadlines defined within this policy and ensure the registration procedures listed below are followed:
Registration options for New Student In-Catchment including Kindergarten and Cross Boundary Applications effective January 15, 2021:
1) Complete the online registration through MyEducationBC → click on link, when the log-in screen opens, request an account (as illustrated to the right) and follow the step-by-step instructions (this is the school district’s preferred registration option), or
2) Download a copy of the Student Registration Form (regular format or fillable format, click on the desired link to open document), complete and submit by “appointment only” or by email to the school of choice, or
3) Contact your in-catchment school or school of choice to make an appointment to receive the registration forms.
Note: For school and/or contact information, please access the following links:
CMSD82 Schools & Contact Information
CMSD82 2020-2021 School Principals, Vice Principals & School Contact Listing
New In-Catchment Registration and Confirmation: Registrations will be received by February 26, 2021 for new students including Kindergarten. Applications received after this date will have to wait until school staffing is complete before receiving status of school enrollment. Wait-listed in-catchment students may be moved as soon as space is available. Wait-listed in-catchment students will be notified of their status for the school year as soon as possible or by the first Friday following school opening.
Cross Boundary Applications: Applications received by February 26, 2021 will receive confirmation by April 1, 2021. Applications received after February 26, 2021 will be confirmed by the first Friday following school opening, or as soon as possible following this date, pending staffing allocations and school configurations. Unsuccessful applicants may be held on a waiting list for the subsequent school years.
- In-Catchment Students: Those students who live in the attendance areas defined for each school. The school the student would normally attend.
- Cross Boundary/Out-of-Catchment Students: Those students who do not live within the defined attendance areas for the school they wish to attend.
- School of Choice: The opportunity to enroll in a school or school program available within the school district.
Should you require further assistance, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Coast Mountains Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.